Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Raleigh Premiere of "Inside Islam"
Saturday, March 6, 2010 from 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM (EST)
Chapel Hill, NC
The groundbreaking new film, Inside Islam by Unity Productions Foundation (UPF) Raleigh, NC premiere at UNC Global's Nelson Mandela Auditorium
Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think, a new documentary film from
Unity Productions Foundation, explores the expertly gathered opinions
of Muslims around the globe as revealed in the world’s first major
opinion poll, conducted by Gallup, the preeminent polling organization.
Focused on the issues of Gender Justice, Terrorism, and Democracy – the
film presents remarkable data deftly, challenging the popular notion
that Muslims and the West are on a collision course. Like the research,
the film highlights a shared relationship that is based on facts – not
Doors open at 3:00 PM
Program begins at 3:30 PM
Film airs at 4:30 PM
Panel Discussion 4:30 - 5:30 PM
Dalia Mogahed is a Senior Analyst and Executive Director of the Gallup
Center for Muslim Studies, a nonpartisan research center dedicated to
providing data-driven analysis on the views of Muslim populations
around the world. She has recently been appointed an advisor to President Obama's Faith -Based and Neighborhood partnerships steering committee. With John L. Esposito, Ph.D., she is coauthor of the
book Who Speaks for Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think.
Tickets: 10$ for general admission, 3$ for students.
Partners: Unity Productions Foundation, University of North Carolina
- Parking for Global Education Center (big UNC parking map: http://www.dps.unc.edu/maps/campus/Guide.pdf)
- There is a parking deck under the building itself and a lot (W Lot) next to it - both are free on weekends
Most parking lots around campus are free on weekends - just watch out for singular spots reserved for security, disability, and other service reasons
- Look for street parking all around South Columbia and Pittsboro streets.
- There are three parking lots off of Pittsboro Street (see N7 on map)
- There is a lot of street parking on Stadium Drive (Zone S4). To get from Stadium Drive to the Fed Ex center, walk down Stadium Drive towards the Bell Tower, then turn left onto South Road and keep walking. Cross SOuth COlumbia Street, and the Fed Ex Center will be on your left.
For more information:
With questions on partnering with this event, or to donate, please contact Sana Anwar at, firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Unity Productions Foundation
For more information about Unity Productions Foundation please visit www.upf.tv